Friday, October 24, 2008

Trying to be positive

Well, Nathan finally heard Thursday that he didn't get the promotion. But he isn't really too upset. The person that he interviewed with said that he knew that Nathan would meet all deadlines and get the job done, but when it came to communicating what the client would want to employees, the hiring commitee was convinced he wasn't going to enough of a jerk to say to the employee, "If you don't do this, I will find someone that will and that's it."

And they are right. Nathan isn't that kind of person. He isn't a hard ass, he believes in coaching people and giving them a positive outlook rather than a negative one. Nathan feels like even if they had offered him the position, once he found out this part of the job, he wouldn't of taken it.

I am glad he isn't upset, and I am proud of him for being so adult about the whole thing, but I am still a little upset. I wouldn't want him to compromise his values, but this job would have been a better schedule. Not all day shifts, but still more than what he has now.

When Nathan is on nights and I have a stressful week, it is REALLY hard for me to deal with it. I am not the world's best stress handler to begin with, and not having someone at home to give me a hug or listen to me vent really takes a toll on me.

But thank you to everyone for the good vibes! I guess it just wasn't the right thing for him!

3 comments:

Boyd Team said...

It sucks he didn't get the promotion but it does sound like it was for the best. Things always have a way of working themselves out :)

Maria said...

It almost sounds like Nathan dodged a bullet. I really believe that things work out the way they do for a reason.

LucyinStLou said...

I'm sorry to hear that things didn't work out as planned, but it sounds like it was for the best. I bet something better comes along that will make you both really happy.