Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Herman!

Today, Nathan and I were discussing our long weekend camping trip and were very close to canceling it. A long time ago we had made reservations at Babler State Park because it is very close and we had some friends that were meeting up with us on Saturday so we wanted to camp where it would be convenient for them. We didn't really care where we just wanted somewhere that was good for the four of us to just socialize and not worry so much about the actual campground. Well, they ended up canceling, which was fine, we totally understood, but all of the sudden Babler wasn't looking so hot. Besides sleeping and hiking, there isn't a ton more we could figure out to do, and while I want to be relaxed I also don't want to be bored.

So I ended up ducking out of work early to run some work errands and I came home early so Nathan and I could brainstorm on what we should do before he left for work. The site was already paid for weeks ago, but almost every park we wanted was full, at least the ones that had a few more options for activities like floating. Then we had the bright idea to try and find a site near a winery. Graham Cave not only has open sites, but it is fairly close to Herman! One quick phone call and a $5 change fee later, we are set to go for the weekend!

Neither one of us have ever been to Herman, so if anyone has any winery or brewery recommendations please let me know. I know we will definitely be visiting Tim Mill and Stone Hill. And while will be doing most of the cooking at the campsite, Nathan loves German food so I am convincing him that we need to at least do lunch somewhere, so pass along recommendations for that too!

I am very excited, it will be like a mini-vacation. And it couldn't come at a perfect time because I had a stressful few days at work. Because of the change of plans, Nathan talked me into putting just a little bit of my bonus towards the wine-o fund and not all towards bills. Putting less than one Benjamin towards my sanity is probably a good call.

1 comment:

N. said...

Ooh! I want to do something like this in the next few months, so I can't wait to hear all about it. Have fun!