Friday, February 6, 2009

Junk food without all the junk

Nathan claims he can't cook, but I beg to differ. When Nathan puts his mind to it, he can totally hold his own in the kitchen. This week he proved this point even further. He whipped up a baked chicken tender that was very yummy.

I am a huge fan of baked chips versus most tradition fried ones, especially the BBQ Baked Lays. So Nathan took a handful or two and crushed them in a bag. He then took some IQF chicken tenders I had bought, dunked them in a little egg wash, and coated them with the crushed chips. he then baked them in a 350 degree oven while my healthy homemade fries baked.

Verdict? Not a gourmet meal, but for a chicken tender junkie like myself, a nice, much healthier alternative.

I really get interactive on this blog, but if anyone has any fun "Junk food without the Junk" recipes they feel like sharing, please post them in the comments.

No comments: