Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tonight I am drinking...

A wonderful beer that you probably haven't heard of... Ray Hill's American Pilsner .

I don't know even how to describe this beer besides amazing. Not light, but, very very smooth and perfect for not only drinking, but also cooking. A few hours ago I emptied a bottle into my crockpot with a few brats, peppers, and onions which is going to result in a delicious meal.

The beer also earns some serious points because it's maker, Ray Hill is one of the nicest guys ever. Nathan, Jenn, and I had the privilege of meeting him and his fiance at a tasting a few weeks ago. He was anxious to tell us about his beer and didn't even mind when I asked him to autograph one of the bottles I purchased and pose with Nathan and I as Jenn took a picture. I am convinced that he will be the next big thing in the beer world, so I had to make sure that we got full documentation.

So next time you are in a beer mood it is one worth checking out. :)

6 comments:

Boyd Team said...

Josh and I have tried Ray Hills and liked it a lot. We had a talk when AB was bought out about expanding out love of the occasional beer to something besides Bud Light Lime or Select. We tried anything we could find with fruit or lime in it, almost all the Schlafly's etc..A friend of Josh's brought over some Ray Hills to a BBQ we had when he heard we were going to have a few different beers there for everyone to try. He told us the story of Ray Hill and had everyone try the beer. I was pleasantly surprised!

LucyinStLou said...

Wow, so this is made in St. Louis? I bet they will see a huge growth in sales soon. Thanks for pointing out another local beer!

Maria said...

I'm gonna have to check this out. Thanks Teresa!

Thoughts Anonymously said...

That sounds like a great beer.

On another note, you are insane...12 miles! WOW. I don't think I could do it. Bravo.

Mrs. B said...

do u do anything else to thr brats b4 eating? I know hubby would love that meal.

Claire Uncorked said...

I love the Ray Hill! We bought that for the first time 2 years ago, right after Provisions picked it up. Quite nice!