Last year I came up with the idea of 29 in 09. A list of things I wanted to do in 2009. I didn't pass with flying colors....let's review shall we?
1. Make/start at least 4 cheeses besides mozzarella.
I tried to start batches of cream cheese and goat cheese but neither was successful. Cheese making is pretty time consuming and I just never found enough downtime to do as much as I wanted to do with it.
2. Plant a veggie garden.
3. Host at least one gathering a month can be big or small just must involve good friends.
DONE! I am pretty sure we surpassed the once a month rule. ;)
4. Develop an accurate budget tracking system.
Yep, I did this, but I don't keep up with it, so I don't really count it as an accomplishment.
5. Workout at least 3 days a week at the gym or doing some kind of physical activity.
BIG TIME DONE! When I made these I had no idea I would start running, doing 3 days a week became very easy once I started half marathon training.
6. Start taking classes either towards my Masters or to learn something new.
I didn't really get to take any classes of any kind in 09 :(
7. Install a fence.
DONE! It's great and the dogs love it!
8. Get another dog.
DONE! Lila has been a great addition to our lives.
9. Teach a friend how to cook.
DONE! I gave a few lessons including bread and cheese. I think my friends enjoyed them.
10. Reorganize and deep clean the kitchen.
DONE! By now it needs another good clean, but the reorganization has been working out great!
11. Write at least 3 blogs a week.
12. Organize all closets.
Another fail...although Nathan is working on this project because he had some vacation time at the end of the year.
13. Buy a digital camera.
DONE! A friend gave me an old one and then my in laws bought my husband and I a great little Nikon for Christmas this year.
14. Cancel our cable.
FAIL! I don't see this one happening in the near future like I had hoped.
15. Visit family more.
I did better this year, but not near what I was hoping for when I wrote this post originally, FAIL!
16. Use more natural cleaning methods.
17. Make homemade produce bags.
18. Do a blog makeover.
19. Get more then just a basic knowledge of Excel.
FAIL, it's better but still not where it should be.
20. Start composting.
21. Finish the Twilight series.
22. Find a good church and actually go.
23. Try at least one new wine a month.
24. Organize recipes into binder.
25. Go camping at least 4 times this year.
26. Take a long weekend trip with Nathan besides camping.
27. Comment more on blogs
28. Keep my home office more organized.
At one point it was awesome, but now it is a disaster again.
29. Make a successful sourdough bread and stop buying sandwich bread from the store
That final score ends up being 13 completed with the rest being complete failures or partial failures. Yikes....
I will say that regardless this year was fabulous. I don't love admitting defeat on these things, but my year changed dramatically and my priorities changed on many things. When I look back on 2009 I smile and feel very lucky to have some many good people and things in my life.
What does 2010 hold? It's just hard to say. If this past year has proved anything to me it's that how I think the year will go in January is rarely the case. I hope that my year is filled with my personal triumphs and continued blessings.
Happy New Year!!!