Sunday, January 3, 2010

How could I forget?

I can't believe that in my Week 4 summary I so carelessly brushed over one very important event. While running my midweek "kinda long" run I was doing some wardrobe adjusting and then, "BAM!" I fell on the treadmill. Luckily I had been walking an interval at the time and was able to catch myself before doing a full out body slam on the belt. The gym wasn't very crowded but I am sure at least a couple people noticed. I just kind of shook it off and did my final 1.25 miles.

When I was done I walked up to Nathan on the other side of the gym and told him what had happened. He was quite concerned and said, "Are you okay?"
Me: "Yeah, I'm fine, I caught myself...
Nathan: "Did anyone see you?"
Me: "Well, yeah, I'm sure someone did, but no one ran up to me or anything."
Nathan: "Oh, honey, I'm sorry, you must have been so embarrassed!"
Me: (without skipping a beat) "Embarrassed no, but I'm pissed because I was doing a fast pace and the treadmill reset when I fell!"
Nathan: (laughs) "Only you wouldn't get upset about public humiliation like that and be more concerned about your time."

Hmmm....maybe that's dedication?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha... that sounds like something I would say :)

Jennelle said...

Oh, no! I'm glad you weren't hurt, and that no one started laughing or anything. :)

Anonymous said...

I think I remember this from Twitter, lol... You totally reminded me of my fall back in November.

I was running 6 miles outside, a sunny, perfect weather kind of run. In the middle of my last mile, I picked up the pace a bit, feeling great. A few minutes later, I tripped on a crack in the street and flew into the pavement, landing on my hands and hitting my arm and head. Before I finished my fall, I made sure to stop the timer on my Garmin, LMAO...

I was so not concerned with my ego, I just wanted to make sure my time/pace was correct, lol...

Glad you didn't get hurt!