Monday, December 28, 2009

Week 3 of Marathon training is done!!!

I can't believe that 3 weeks of marathon training are already done!!! I feel awesome so far....I skipped one short run in week 2, but other than that I have managed to do stick to the schedule with just doing some minor day shifting. I even managed to stick to my plan over Christmas, which makes me very proud.

Unfortunately, I've been a big wimp and have been running mostly on the treadmill, but this Saturday I am forcing myself to go outside on a 20 degree day and do my long run. I know it is going to be a challenge, but I know I can do it.

I am trying my best to stay focused week by week so I don't get overwhelmed. So far that strategy has been working really well, I just need to continue to remind myself that even though scary high mileage runs between 14-20 miles are in my future, I will be working up to those and I just need to think about my 9 mile run this week. 9 miles is certainly scary, but not unheard of since I just ran 7 miles last week.

That's it for now....I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and was able to have some great days with family and friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If there was a like button, I'd click it for this post. I can't believe you are already up to 7-9 miles!

Jennelle said...

Wow, you're doing great! Reminds me I need to start training soon for the 5K I'm doing in May...