Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ok, ok, so I read Twilight

I had actually been wanting to read Twilight for awhile and I was finally able to get my hands on a borrowed copy. (Thank you Jenn!)

Let me first say, that I wasn't a skeptic of the books. I heard the storyline, and I loved it. A teen novel with elements of vampires and romance was all I read growing up. Um, RL Stine anyone? Yeah, I almost always had a Fear Street book in my backpack. Never the Goosebumps series, those were for losers.

But lets get back to Twilight, I started reading last night, and just finished. It wasn't so much that I couldn't put it down, I actually did, but I am a speed reader and I was able to pick it up between sickness induced naps.

The verdict: I liked it. I wish I could say that I loved it, but I would be lying. The last 100 (or so)pages after the baseball game were awesome, but up until that point I found a lot of Edward and Bella's conversations repetitive. I get that he was revealing new and scary stuff to her all the time, but I hated that he asked her every other page if she was scared.

I won't continue on with my review, because those of you that read it already have your opinion that will surely not be changed by mine, and those of you that haven't read it are sick about hearing about it. I know, I know.

However, I will continue reading as soon as I can borrow the next book. (Kristal, are you done yet???) I have a feeling that maybe I will get more involved in the story and change my like to love.

6 comments:

LC said...

Ohhh Fear Street...nice one! Remember how each book had a family tree in it...loved those!!! Anyway, I am sorry to tell you but all of the Twilight books are the same. They start slowly and don't really pick up until more than halfway. But when they pick up, they really do! Can't wait to hear more reviews as you keep reading. Just get through New Moon...it is the slowest of all of the books.

Amy said...

ditto what lauren said. once they get going,they go into full speed. they get better with each one. the last two are the best INHO!

Claire Uncorked said...

I haven't read this, but it seems like everyone I know either has or is currently reading it. Good grief. I've seen what a pain it is to get the books, though, so it remains to be seen if I feel it's worth the effort to get them.

Jennelle said...

I feel the same way! I really didn't start to enjoy it until the end--and that's where ALL the action was crammed. I enjoyed New Moon more than Twilight, but I haven't been able to get a hold of the other two yet. :(

Anonymous said...

I'll have the book for you on Thursday. :)

Jenn said...

Kristal will give you New Moon and I'll be giving her Eclipse and Breaking Dawn :)

Would you mind bringing Twilight with you??? I want to reread it!!!