Thursday, November 6, 2008

Power song

I was recently reading a blog where the reader talked about her "power song". My power songs help get me motivated through my workouts (and occasionaly through life).

At the moment, I have three favorite power songs, and as an added bonus here they are via You Tube! They might not be your cup of tea, but open your mind and give them a listen...I doubt you have many better things to do for 15 minutes. I mean, you are reading my blog after all.

1. "Here It Goes Again"



Who doesn't freaking love Ok go!? Really, come on, not only is the song as cool as hell, but the treadmills are awesome. For some reason everytime I flock to this song when I am working out. I can listen to it 20 times in a row and still want to hear it more. It is also an added bonus that I do my fastest mile time when hearing this song.

2. "Crazy on You"



Women with guitars generally know how to rock, and the ladies of Heart are no expception. My entire teenage life and most of my twenties I was obcessed with this song. I mean obcessed. I once convinced my friends that when I died I wanted a parade with a marching band to playing "Crazy on You" and my coffin to be in a float. Crazily enough (see what I did there?)I still think that would be awesome!

Even though that video isn't the best version of the song, it still gets me even time. If I am having a bad day and need to just belt out lyrics, that is the song I choose everytime.

3. "Suffragette City"



My newest power song comes for the lovely David Bowie. It starts out a little slower than some of my typical power song favorites, but it picks up. And come on, doesn't any song that says, "Wham bam thank you, ma'am!" want just to workout a little harder? David Bowie, my ass thanks you.

And for the record, this wasn't my psycho post, although I am sure I had some of your thinking that with the parade/coffin in the float thing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it weird that I didn't know ANY of these songs?

N. said...

I enjoy all of those. Nice variety.
I am working on a new playlist for my blog... so I've got music on my mind, too.

Angie said...

I LOVE Ok Go and I could sit there and watch that video over and over and over again. In fact that's what I'm doing now. Thanks Teresa.

Teresa said...

I don't think it is weird, Kristal!

LucyinStLou said...

Love OK Go and Bowie is wonderful. My power workout song these days is Tributlations from LCD Soundsystem.

Maria said...

I love Ok Go too. It really is great work out music.

Claire Uncorked said...

I'd have to think about this more, but when I work out, I do enjoy Limp Bizkit's "Rollin'". I'm not sure why....

Good songs, Teresa!!!