Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Time to get a little more positive!

You know what instantly makes me feel better? Surrounding myself with friends that love and believe in me. Genius, right?

Last night I was fortunate enough to have a bunch of really great people in my house for dinner and to help me with a small "project". Near the beginning of my training, my awesome husband, Nathan, came up with the idea to record my family and friends saying messages that he would convert into mp3s and put on my iPod for during the race. I LOVED the idea. So last night I cooked a massive amount of lasagna and a bunch of my really good friends came over to help me carb load and do some recording.

I am not listening to any of the messages before Sunday, but everyone got super creative and really into the whole thing. I had a friend bring a banjo, one wrote out a speech and another recorded a message that was well over 6 minutes long. I am so excited to hear them and I think it will be a great distraction and awesome motivation for the race.

Even though I didn't hear the messages, everyone that was in my home was just so encouraging. I lost count on the number of times I heard them say they were proud of me, they thought it was awesome, etc. I cannot even begin to express how much I needed last night. I have always had an amazing support system in my friends and family, but last night just opened my eyes to how many people are behind me completing the race. Am I still nervous? Absolutely. But I feel so, so good about the race now and I know I wouldn't have gotten that attitude change without last night.

So if you were at my house last night. Thank you...you all are the greatest and I feel so much better about the race.

7 comments:

LC said...

You are a rockstar, my dear. That's it...plain and simple. Thanks so much for inviting me/us. It was an honor to record and message and I hope that it can bring you just a tiny bit of the inspiration that you have given me.

Anonymous said...

You're gonna rock it, girl!!

Jennelle said...

Oh my goodness, Teresa, that's an AWESOME idea! You're going to be amazing!

gv said...

Awesome idea! I love it. If the weather is nice, I plan on coming so I'll look for you to cheer you on.

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait until you stumble upon my message during the race. I hope it's during a very trying time because I guarantee it will distract you into thinking of nothing other than how retarded I am.

Stay positive and see you Sunday!

Pamela said...

tweesa! i can't wait for you to finish that race, make excellent time and tell my how ridiculous my message was.

xoxox
PQ

N. said...

What an amazing motivation tool to have while you're running! Great idea, Nate! Good luck, girl! I'm sure you'll do amazing!